Sunday, July 18, 2010

SPECIAL GIFT



I am still here, standing near the Hutan Lipur Lata Belatan waterfall. I am thinking of someone whom I loved most. Two years ago, I came here for a vacation with my family. I met Am when I was sitting alone near the waterfall. We became good friends in a few days. Am was a good friend and he would always be by my side in all situations. I thanked God for giving me this special gift in my life.



Time passed by. We had been friends for almost two years. On my birthday, Am gave me a special present. I was shocked because he gave me a beautiful golden ring. “Be my girl,” he said. I was so happy to hear that but suddenly I felt a great pain in my chest. I nearly fell on the ground but Am quickly held me. He took me to the nearest clinic. I felt so dumbfounded when the doctor told me that I had a serious heart problem. Am held my hand and advised me not to be so worried about this matter. I could not say anything but I started to cry. Then, he sent me home.



Since that day, I changed from a cheerful girl to a sensitive girl. I kept thinking about my health problem. I knew that I could not live long because it was a serious heart problem. Everyday, every time, and every second, Am tried his best to make me happy. He spent most of his time with me but I was still the same. A sad and sensitive girl.



One day, the doctor told me something that made me feel so relieved, “You have to be ready in two weeks; I have found someone who wants to donate his heart to you”. I thought about it and asked myself who was the generous person. I told Am about this and asked him about it but he said he did not know anything about it.



Am smiled at me and told me, “Dear, stop thinking about it. I will try my best to find out about the person. I promise.” His words made me smile. We took a week holiday. We went for a wonderful trip to Langkawi, together with our family. He told me that he wanted to give me a special gift. On the last day in Langkawi, Am bought a bouquet of red roses and a big teddy bear for me.



A fortnight had passed. The day I was waiting for had come. My hands were shaking and trembling. My mother tried to calm me. I did not see Am around me. I asked my mother about him and she told me that Am had something important to do. I felt so disappointed as he could not see me that morning.



Around 10 o’clock, I entered the operation theatre. The operation was about 8 hours. A few hours later, when I opened my eyes, I saw my parents smile at me. I did not see Am and I started asking about him again. They said nothing. They told me that the operation was a success but they did not tell me anything about Am. Once again, I asked them. Then, they gave me a beautiful card. It was the most beautiful card that I had ever seen in my life.



Dear Zetty,


I have fallen in love with you since I met you at Hutan Lipur Lata Belatan waterfall. I want you know that I love you very much. If you want to know about the special gift, you can ask the doctor. I hope you will accept my last gift and always remember me when you touch it. I want to apologize for everything that I had done. Please forgive me. One more thing is, remember that you will always be the QUEEN of my heart.

With Love,

Am



It was an attractive card with a short note from Am. I thought about his words. Something was not right. I had not seen Am for a few days and now my mother gave me a card from him. What was the meaning behind all of this? And the most important thing was where was Am?



10 minutes later, the doctor came into my room. I asked him about the special gift and about Am. He looked at me and said “Am was the person”. His first sentence made me cry. Then, the doctor continued, “he had a serious brain cancer but he did not tell you about that. He did not want you to worry about him. On the day he gave you the ring, he only had two months to live. He decided to donate his heart to you after he sent you home because he knew that he could not live longer. I also know that he spent most of his time with you”. Then, the doctor left me alone. I felt so sad. How I missed him so much, but he had left me forever.



“Zetty,” I turned around as I heard someone was calling my name. My younger brother, Amir smiling at me. I wave my hand at him. I still remember Am. I miss him so much although I know I cannot see him anymore. He will always be the KING of my heart and his special gift will always be with me forever. Thanks Am for giving me the opportunity to continue my life. I promise I will take care of your special gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment